Sunday, September 21, 2008

The start of my time in Angers

Hey all,

Sorry it's been a few days since my last update. We're in Angers now, where we have been very busy. Also, my laptop is not yet set up to work with my host family's internet connection--which we are planning to remedy in the next few days--so I am presently on my host dad's computer, typing very slowly on the French keyboard. In the next few days, I will post some more pictures from the end of Paris and provide a more thorough update.

For now, I'll give you a basic run-down of the Angers situation. I live near the university with a middle school teacher named Jean-Pierre. He has two kids close to my age, one of whom lives in the apartment upstairs. Jean-Pierre's girlfriend, Marie, lives down the street, and we spend a lot of time with her. I like them a lot! They are really interesting, relaxed people who seem very devoted to giving me a good experience here. More about my adventures with them to come.

During the days, we will have language and culture courses at the University of Angers, which seem like they will be interesting. We had oral and written exams on Friday to confirm what level we'll be in, and I'm in the advanced class, which should be cool and challenging. We are also doing some visits with the program--including Mont St. Michel and some of the castles in the area. Looks like we will have very long but good days.

I'm going to finish here for now, but you should hopefully be able to look for a more thorough update soon!

No comments: